If you have been charged with theft, you were probably scared, embarrassed, or confused at the time of your arrest. You can rely on Stolte Law, LLC to help you navigate the criminal justice system. Whether we accept a plea or take your case to trial, the first phase of the case is always to review the evidence, examine defenses, and promote the best course of action in your particular set of circumstances.
A CONVICTION FOR THEFT CAN HAVE A SERIOUS IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE
A theft case can range from a misdemeanor charge in a municipal court to a felony with a lengthy prison term. The least severe charge carries a possible penalty of up to one year in jail. If the value of the item is over $1,000.00, or if you have prior theft convictions, the charge could be a felony and the possible penalty increases greatly.
Your attorney will probably ask you:
- Whether you had any prior theft convictions.
- Whether you have any prior criminal history in general.
- Whether the value of the item is accurate.
- About the circumstances of the alleged event.
THEFT CHARGES HANDLED BY STOLTE LAW, LLC INCLUDE:
- Theft of items or services
- Theft by deception
- Theft by threat
- Theft of a firearm
- Obtaining control over stolen property
- Criminal deprivation of property
- Giving a worthless check