2nd DUI Adam D. Stolte is Ready for Trial

2nd DUI Lawyer in Overland Park

Steps to Take After a Second DUI Arrest

If you have been charged with a 2nd DUI, you are probably worried and trying to find the right attorney for you. With Stolte Law, LLC, you can find the support and assistance you need to successfully navigate the criminal justice system. Your first step to take following a 2nd DUI in Overland Park is to contact our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can help you understand your rights and options. From there, we can help you request an administrative hearing with the Department of Revenue. This action must be taken within 14 days of your arrest to prevent the automatic suspension of your license. When it comes time for the hearing, we can represent you to prevent driver’s license suspension.

Next, our Overland Park 2nd DUI attorney can perform a thorough investigation of the circumstances of your arrest to uncover anything that can be used to support your case. Based on the evidence we find; we can negotiate with the prosecution to reduce your charges or dismiss your case. Should the need for a trial arise, we can present a compelling case on your behalf before a judge. Stolte Law, LLC has a proven track record of success and is dedicated to helping you achieve a favorable outcome.

Call (913) 270-0497 or contact us online to discuss your next steps with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.

What Are the Penalties a 2nd DUI?

A 2nd DUI is classified as an "A" misdemeanor. A conviction for a 2nd DUI can result in 90 days to one year in jail and a fine of $1250 to $1750. There is a minimum custody requirement of five days, which usually includes 48 consecutive hours in jail followed by 120 hours of house arrest. Besides the statutory fines, there are several costs you could incur, including urinalysis fees, court fees, drunk driving classes, and probation monitoring fees.

If you were arrested for a second DUI, the Kansas Department of Revenue will begin proceedings to suspend your license. If they are successful, the length of suspension and length of license restriction depends on whether you refused testing and, if not, your BAC level.

The term lengths for 2nd DUI driver’s license suspension include:

  • Test refusal: 1-year suspension followed by 3 years of driving with an ignition interlock device.
  • BAC over .08: 1-year suspension followed by 1 year of driving with an ignition interlock device.
  • BAC over .15: 1-year suspension followed by 2 years of driving with an ignition interlock device.

How do I Challenge Prior DUIS?

In Kansas, penalties for DUI are determined based on the number of previous DUI convictions. The more convictions a person has, the higher the penalties. In certain circumstances, prior DUIs should not be taken into account, which would result in smaller fines and less jail time. Attorney Stolte can identify if your case could qualify for a reduction of charges based on prior DUIs not being relevant to your case.

If you, or someone you love, has been arrested for 2nd DUI, contact Stolte Law, LLC at (913) 270-0497 today.

Why Work With Stolte Law, LLC?

See How We Stand Apart
  • Nationally Recognized Defense

    Adam D. Stolte has received honors from the National College for DUI Defense.

  • Personalized Solutions

    No two cases are exactly alike. We’ll use our detailed legal knowledge to highlight the strengths of your case.

  • Professional Care

    Fighting along side you every step of the way to protect the things that mean the most to you.

  • Premium Counsel

    Avoid common mistakes by positioning yourself for the best possible outcome with timely advice regarding the specifics of your case.

The Stories that Matter

Read Client Testimonials

    Adam Stolte is my hero.

    - Melissa F.

    I give you 5++++++++ stars, more than 20.

    - Phillip L.

    You exceeded my expectations.

    - Chris S.

    I really recommend to friends and family.

    - Jose F.

    Adam is definitely a lawyer you need to use.

    - Scott

Get Started on Your 
Case Today

Request a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter your Court.
  • Please enter a message.